To be truly authentic, we should share the good, the bad, and the ugly side of ourselves. For most of us, our Authentic Self is buried deep in our unconscious, where it remains hard to identify and let out.
It is a daily practice.
It is a moment by moment choice of embracing your truth and being fearless enough to share it with the world.
When you have nothing to hide and can freely be yourself with everyone, you will have profound peace and confidence.
Here are some tips to help you find and express your authentic self.
1. Know thyself - ask yourself the question "Who am I"? Not your roles or titles, but your character, that deeper part of you, the soul having a human experience. Start uncovering this by asking people “What makes me different and unique"?
2. Identify your 3 core values. What is important in your life? What are you passionate about? What deep down drives you in your decision making? Start with a list of 30 plus and feel into what drives you. Work the list down until you have your final 3. Use your 3 core values daily to live by to keep you in alignment.
3. Face your fears! This process will consistently enable you to become your authentic self as you embrace vulnerability. It is uncomfortable, will bring up resistance and on the other side you will learn so much about yourself. You will learn who you are rather than who you are not. Fears are old programs to keep us safe.
4. Live in the now, give up expectations and be grateful. It is in the present that we find the present! When we are in the present, our mind is not gravitating to the past or future. This allows us to be in the now and truly connected to all that is. Safe to be our true self and not driven by old programming.
5. Be vulnerable - this disarms the ego and the need to be right. This opens up the heart to new possibilities, finding new ways and connecting to self and others on a deeper level. Vulnerability says, “I don’t want to be right, I want to allow my authentic way”.