It may be difficult to stay focused and productive during these unprecedented times. If you’re experiencing any difficulties in concentrating, know that you are not alone. I have tips on how you can honour the needs of your mind, body, and spirit to help you become productive.
5 tips to Being Productive
1. Have a morning ritual. Start with 5 minutes and then increase over time. I recommend a daily practise of deep breathing of 5 minutes to start with. If you would like, try my 5 Minutes of Magic (click here).
The reason being if you are not taking responsibility for your energy at the start of the day, then the day will control you rather than you controlling your day.
2. Don’t look at an email, social media or TV for the first 2 hours of your day. This is when your brain is at its most intuitive and gets lost once stimulated by artificial light. It may mean getting up a bit earlier! Use this creative time to exercise, stretch, meditate, read, journal or listen to music/podcast.
3. Schedule a lunch break every day. If it is not scheduled it doesn’t happen! This allows you to refuel both physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It allows the day to be more fun as you refuel instead of running off stress hormones. This means more energy at the end of the day to do other things and not being exhausted by the end of the week.
4. Use a timer to do tasks. Rather than procrastinating and wasting time, set the timer on your phone. I work well in half hour chunks to be totally focused on a task and get it done. We can spend so much time thinking about how long it will take rather than just getting it done!
5. Celebrate your wins at the end of each day. With my team, we acknowledge what our VICTORY was!! It is very powerful to shift our focus to what we have achieved rather than what we haven’t done which allows a feeling of satisfaction, reward and gratitude to give you an extra bounce in your step!